Frequently Asked Questions
Information and answers to some common questions.
Registration costs $15/individual and $25/family. Register before the 31st October to receive an early bird discount of $5.
Please BYO water. We will not have anywhere for you to store personal belongings. Please do not bring anything valuable.
We encourage you to wear blue to represent the cornflower, the international symbol of hope for MND, because of its fragile appearance but hardy nature. Have fun with accessories, wigs, tutus – we only ask that your outfit is safe to walk in and will not be a hazard to yourself or other participants.
Absolutely! Just select ‘Team entry’ when you register. Get dressed up if you like and there will be spot prizes for best-dressed team.
We will have stickers available on the day so you can show who you are walking to support or honour.
People living with MND face challenges every day, so we won't let bad weather deter us. However, look at our Facebook page if conditions are extreme.
We encourage you to order your t-shirts when you register, however, T-shirts will be available from mnd.org.nz/merchandise from September.
Once registered, your registration fee is non-refundable and non-transferrable.
Your fundraising page will be generated automatically when you register to walk. You can then customise your page and share it with your friends, family and colleagues. You don’t have to take part in online fundraising, but it's a great way to share your connection to MND and tell your story.
If you do not have a credit or debit card and want to pay via bank deposit, please contact MND New Zealand (email@example.com or 09 624 2148) with the details of your order. Once we receive your payment, we will send you a code so you can register.
Participation in the Walk is entirely at your own risk. Upon registering for Walk 2 D'Feet MND, on behalf of all the people you are registering, you:
- Confirm you/they are in good health and suffer from no medical conditions that would prevent you/them taking part. NB people with MND are welcome to participate, please bring your usual equipment and mobility aids, dress appropriately and plan for fatigue.
- Consent to receive medical treatment if deemed advisable.
- Will follow instructions given by the event organisers.
- Have sole responsibility for your/their personal possessions and equipment.
- Permit free use of your/their photograph in print and electronic media.
- Agree that MND NZ, its personnel and any other party associated with MND NZ, should not be held responsible for any loss or damage incurred by you/them or injury to you/them arising from Walk 2 D'Feet MND in the absence of gross negligence by that organisation. MND NZ's public liability insurance is against third party damage only.
- Confirm that minors under 14 will be accompanied by a parent/guardian and the parent/guardian will be fully responsible for minors in their care.
- Confirm you/they have read and understood the above and by participating in the Walk 2 D’Feet MND, you/they voluntarily agree to the above terms.